these here are the tales of...

Belarus (2) Canada (7) China (2) creative (4) Czech (5) dance (4) design (1) Egypt (3) Estonia (3) family (10) festivals (2) health (6) Indonesia (1) inspiration (14) Japan (2) Korea (1) language (11) Lithuania (1) London (2) nature (24) philosophy (6) photos (8) politics (5) roadtrip (4) studies (8) sustainability (8) Taiwan (38) teaching (5) Thailand (9) Turkey (2) video (3) wisdom (3) workie (2) yummm (6)

HOME - an amazingly beautiful wake up wall to what our planet is facing

HOME - an amazingly beautiful wake up wall to what our planet is facing
PLEASE WATCH. TELL OTHERS. ENJOY. REFLECT. MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Year Update

~ H`a`p`p`y```2`0`1`1`!!! ~

I knew it was bound to happen sometime, but wow... it still snuck up on me a bit. Also, I can't believe this browser's dictionary is telling me "snuck" is misspelled... I suppose I should write "sneaked" and make the Americans happy. But I won't!

The weather in Taipei has been there and back again... it's really something, the myriad changes, sometimes in one day. It's a bit hard on our fragile mortal organisms and most everyone I know is either sick or getting over it. I'm taking it as an excuse to sleep more.

Sleep outside of studying time, that is. Tomorrow is my very fist university final exam! I feel like that's an achievement in itself. Next week I have 4 more, one of which involves reading a memorized passage with good intonation and all the right Mandarin tones. Someone, please give me a pep talk. ; ) Actually, it's not so bad, really, and after next Thursday the 13th I am off from school for 5 glorious weeks!! I already have my courses picked out for next semester and waiting to her for the final judgment on which of my gym course choices came through. Gym is compulsory for 6 out of our 8 semesters, but we have to give them a list of our desired choices and see how the cards fall, I guess. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for swimming, tennis, ping pong, yoga, martial arts, gymnastics, tai chi and in-line skating, in that order, but keep in mind some of the ranking is based on the time slots and skews my overall preference somewhat. A pretty wide array of options, though! I passes on things like weight-training and jazz as well as folk dance. Those last two could really go either way.

Well, I better make use of the hours before bedtime to cram a few more things into my brain.

Wishing you and yours a happy and wonderful start to a prosperous and wish-fulfilling year ahead!



No comments: