To briefly mention what's been going on with school:
1) Found out that my program is moving to the main campus!!! What this means is that starting September of this year I will no longer be a 45 minute shuttle bus ride away from classes! I can sleep in more and if I happen to be a few minutes late, I won't be forced into expensive cab rides or hours-long public transport to get to class. Whoohoo!!!
2) Some of my classmates and I recently put together a little play... please enjoy it here (English translation provided)
3) Midterms came and went and I managed to score a 95% average, which is pretty darn good. Amazing what last-minute cramming can do... hehehe... Still, I guess I'm really learning something! ; ) 最好時期中考都考完了，可先翻鬆點！ (<= A little less pressure for awhile!)
4) Swimming class is still highly enjoyable, I'm perfecting my front crawl and breast stroke (romantically known as the "frog" in Chinese) and we've been taking baby steps towards diving. In 3 classes time, we've graduated to diving in head first from sitting and then crouching on the pool edge. Amazing. How can an island nation be so terrified of water?
5) Just under 2 months left until I finish my first year of uni. Two days later I fly to Seoul for a few days stopover before a 3-week vacation back with the fam in Canada. Aaah, relaxing times here I come. Also, eating times. Much eating of all the things I miss will be had.
This is all for now.
these here are the tales of...
Belarus (2) Canada (7) China (2) creative (4) Czech (5) dance (4) design (1) Egypt (3) Estonia (3) family (10) festivals (2) health (6) Indonesia (1) inspiration (14) Japan (2) Korea (1) language (11) Lithuania (1) London (2) nature (24) philosophy (6) photos (8) politics (5) roadtrip (4) studies (8) sustainability (8) Taiwan (38) teaching (5) Thailand (9) Turkey (2) video (3) wisdom (3) workie (2) yummm (6)