these here are the tales of...

Belarus (2) Canada (7) China (2) creative (4) Czech (5) dance (4) design (1) Egypt (3) Estonia (3) family (10) festivals (2) health (6) Indonesia (1) inspiration (14) Japan (2) Korea (1) language (11) Lithuania (1) London (2) nature (24) philosophy (6) photos (8) politics (5) roadtrip (4) studies (8) sustainability (8) Taiwan (38) teaching (5) Thailand (9) Turkey (2) video (3) wisdom (3) workie (2) yummm (6)

HOME - an amazingly beautiful wake up wall to what our planet is facing

HOME - an amazingly beautiful wake up wall to what our planet is facing
PLEASE WATCH. TELL OTHERS. ENJOY. REFLECT. MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Vicarious Photography

At least someone's not being lazy about publishing their photos...

I'm in 新竹 (Hsinchu/Xinzhu depending on whether you use the arcane yet still official romanisation or the modern pinyin that makes sense). Tomorrow is the last day of summer camp at a junior high, where the students have needed various levels of cajoling to get them to participate, their personalities ranging from pure brattiness to painfully shy to just couldn't be bothered... Anyway, it's been a pretty good experience, the company running the camp as well as all my co-teachers are fab.

I get back to Taipei tomorrow night and just over 48 hours later hop on a (direct! yea!) flight to Vancouver, where I haven't been in nearly 3 years. Then onto Tarana (Toronto... but who actually says it that way?) to see my family who are all gathering and making time for the occasion and even helping me finance this dream summer vacation trip into reality. Best family ever! : ) It'll be strange being back, I'm sure! Strange and fun. Who are you, when you haven't been defined by that reality of geography, culture and social interactions for so long?

Anyway, I'm here in Xinzhu perusing Flickriver and running across gems like this one, that I was moved to share. I think in some way it must make up for my lack of uploading pictures, or at least divert everyone's attention away from the fact... hey, look, a WAAAAY better photographer!
Source: Philipp Klinger

Happy summer everyone, stay cool and I might be in your neighborhood before long!

No comments: