these here are the tales of...

Belarus (2) Canada (7) China (2) creative (4) Czech (5) dance (4) design (1) Egypt (3) Estonia (3) family (10) festivals (2) health (6) Indonesia (1) inspiration (14) Japan (2) Korea (1) language (11) Lithuania (1) London (2) nature (24) philosophy (6) photos (8) politics (5) roadtrip (4) studies (8) sustainability (8) Taiwan (38) teaching (5) Thailand (9) Turkey (2) video (3) wisdom (3) workie (2) yummm (6)

HOME - an amazingly beautiful wake up wall to what our planet is facing

HOME - an amazingly beautiful wake up wall to what our planet is facing
PLEASE WATCH. TELL OTHERS. ENJOY. REFLECT. MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

Thursday, October 29, 2009

To Chew or Not to Chew...

I'm finishing up a much welcomed week off between semesters in Chinese school. It's translated into several mornings of sleeping in and a glorious afternoon of sitting in a park, nosing around a delightful museum and meeting strangers.

I also took this opportunity of unassigned time to do a cleanse. Salt water to flush out the digestive tract on the first morning, 2 days of the Lemonade Diet, 2 days of orange juice. Today is Day 5 and I've re-entered the world of solids. Well, I'm at least halfway there, assuaging my hunger with congee which is really really mushy soupy rice. I think in several ways I preferred the drinks. Anyway, tomorrow vegetables are back on the menu and then I'm home free, just in time for an all-day class field trip to a pottery town which will likely involve a feast for lunch.

Prior to the cleanse, the weather got cold enough for some baking! With cornmeal imported by a friend who'd returned from California: sauteed-veggie cornbread. Egged on by a homesick American classmate: pumpkin pie, my first pie actually and entirely from scratch! It's pretty straightforward, just took me a few hours... I kept the pumpkin theme going with a seedy pumpkin loaf. All were well received. : )

Tomorrow Halloween celebrations are starting! I'm planning to give my students the creeps with an all-white outfit, one hot pink boa thrown in for just a touch of comic relief. Pictures to come.

Wishing you all fabulous fun as the veils thin between the worlds of spirit and matter! Mwahahaha!!!

No comments: